Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Maxim #5

Maxim #5: A Lady of Leisure Must Be Prepared to Recreate at a Moment's Notice


About a year ago, I realized that my sedan wasn't going to cut it. I could't fit much into it, the seats didn't fold down to my liking, and no matter how much stuff I tried to strap to it and cram into the trunk, it was never going to be a truck. So, I upgraded to a vehicle that suits me: an SUVlette.

In it, at most times, are the following things (summer season):
My bike, tent, golf clubs, yoga mat, swimsuit, clean workout wear, hiking shoes, a dress, high heels, a BB gun, and my fishing gear. This way, if I find a spare hour, I have a plethora of ways to take advantage of it. And, if someone issues an invitation at the last minute, I am prepared to do everything from the theater to a monster truck rally.

The worst thing is thinking, "Oh, that would be great but I'm not dressed/prepared for that." Your kit might be different, granted--Not everyone likes shooting at stuff. I don't know who those people are, but I'm sure they exist and I won't cast judgments on them in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment